Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gl10?

Depends on what years your talking about. For the most part though a GL-10 had more options than a GL. In the EA81s the only option you could not get in the GL that was standard in the GL-10 was the digi-dash. Same with the EA82 cars. GL-10s basically had more standard options than GL's. I think they all got sunroofs, power windows, cruise, alloys. With GL's you could always option for those but they were not standard.

Some also had MPFI instead of SPFI.

Yea i wasnt going to bother getting into the vast array of odd engine and tranny combos that could come from that option :lol:. Ive seen 2wd automatic EA82 turbo GL-10s before. Doesnt get much more strange than that if you ask me. EA81 GL-10s all had the same motor though..with no turbo option. Also all EA81 GL-10s were 2wd while EA82 GL-10s could be either.

It's purely luxury options.

Nicer cloth interior, sunroof, digidash, Cruise, Power windows, and Trip Computer.

I had an 88 2wd GL-10 turbo(3at auto). And an 85 GL-10 turbo (5mt, 4wd sinlge range)

I have an 84 GL sedan w/ all the GL-10 options except the plush seats (digidash, cruise, sunroof, alloy wheels)

It's really nothing more than some options

In the EA81s the only option you could not get in the GL that was standard in the GL-10 was the digi-dash.

Actually you could get digi's on GL's as well. My '84 GL wagon had every option you could get except 4WD (I mean ALL of them - digi, factory sunroof, velour interior, AC, cruise, power everything, etc) and it still is just a GL.

No one can really figure it out other than it was a heavily optioned car - possibly a special order. The GL-10 was a "factory option package" that included a list options which changed from year to year. There is no set list of what a GL-10 included since it changed basically every year. And having a GL-10 does not indicate that the car has *more* options than a regular GL - the regular GL might be fully optioned as well.

So really it just means it's more high-end than *most* GL's.

Way back they also made GL-5's and even a DL-5 I beleive. In 80-82 we got GLF coupe's..... I've even seen pictures of a JDM EA81 coupe with a GFT-5 badge :rolleyes:

GD