Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone still creating swap harnesses?

I am in the middle of an EA81 to EJ22 swap in my 1984 BRAT. The swap has been painless so far thanks mostly to this forum. However, the wiring scares me and I would really prefer to have someone more knowledgeable than me make the swap harness.

I have removed the BRAT harness completely, and have a complete EJ22 harness as well. I have found three people on this forum that used to make these harnesses, but one person no longer does, one person's email was returned as invalid, and one person has not responded.

I would greatly appreciate some help. I live in Portland and would also like to do this locally if possible. Thanks!

PM me - perhaps we can work something out on your harness needs since you are local. You should consider dropping by and checking out renob123's Brat - he will be here Sunday afternoon (that's the plan anyway). There's some things you can learn from his swap - start your "shopping list" based on some of the stuff he has used, etc. :).

GD

@doobieryan - Yep, Numbchux is who I have tried to contact both through email and via his website but have not received a response. I have been using his conversion guide throughout this process and so was really hoping to send the harness to him.

@GeneralDisorder - I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

@doobieryan - Yep, Numbchux is who I have tried to contact both through email and via his website but have not received a response. I have been using his conversion guide throughout this process and so was really hoping to send the harness to him.

@GeneralDisorder - I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

have you tried sending numbchux a pm? i talked to him a few weeks ago and he said he could make me one when i needed it.

but GD is definitely a good source too if you wanna do that:banana:

I have removed the BRAT harness completely, and have a complete EJ22 harness as well. I have found three people on this forum that used to make these harnesses, but one person no longer does, one person's email was returned as invalid, and one person has not responded.

I would greatly appreciate some help. I live in Portland and would also like to do this locally if possible. Thanks!

Shawnw did my wiring, and I was happy with it considering the pile of garbage I sent him. Is he one of the three you contacted?

Jacob

@renob123,

Yes, he was one of the three guys that I mentioned above. I didn't try to contact him because I noticed at the end of his swap thread in the vendor section, that he states he is no longer making harnesses.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53363&highlight=shawnw+harness&page=4

If you believe he still is, I will definitely contact him.

@renob123,

Yes, he was one of the three guys that I mentioned above. I didn't try to contact him because I noticed at the end of his swap thread in the vendor section, that he states he is no longer making harnesses.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53363&highlight=shawnw+harness&page=4

If you believe he still is, I will definitely contact him.

That's weird. He posted that in September, 2008, and I swear I sent him mine after that, although I could be totally mistaken. If I am, then it's too bad, because I was happy with his work and speed.

Jacob