Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ditto! I used to run an auto repair shop and found it fun (let alone very helpfull !!!) to hear all the noise imitations... does it click, clack, bump, bang, tick, thump, creak, pop, grind, or groan, etc. Does it sound like a cat whose tail is under a rocking chair or is it more like the chirping of a red wing black bird during mating season???

... it sound like a cat whose tail is under a rocking chair ...

Ha Ha! ... :lol: ... I Can't Believe any car could make Such Noise! ... LOL!

... Basically something inside the tranny really didn't want to go when the clutch was released...

Or the Clutch pedal was Released like This:

a Girl I Knew Long time Ago gave me a Ride to the University and She drove like This: She Accelerates the Car and just Removed its High Heeled Pump Shoe to one Side of the Pedal, so the Pedal, which was completely down to the floor, came "Pop Up" by its own Pressure... you can imagine the Screaming tyres of that civic... (Plus my Scary Face) ...she also used the Brake pedal in the Very Last Moment! ... :eek: ... That Civic had damaged the Fasten Belt, so I was hoping to find some sort of Rope to tie myself to the Seat...

I have at least one (I think 2) disks that look just like that. Both are from 90/91 Legacies. The first had something damage the input shaft snout (can't remember exactly what; I got it that way), and the second I bought that way, replaced the clutch set and drove it for several thousand miles before the car would refuse to shift. (It also acts like it is stuck in neutral, but may have blown another disk).

Edited by NorthWet