Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello Everyone.. My Recent Acquisition

Just wanted to say hi and say I'm happy to have found this forum. I've already posted in the Welcome forum so I won't restate everything here. However yesterday I acquired a friends '87 GL Wagon with about 76k on her. She has been sitting since about 07 or 08. I was looking for a project and an am anxious to get into reviving her and modifying as well once things are sorted out!

th_photo1-4.jpg

76K! :eek::eek::eek:

Nice Score... Welcome and, I'd love to see some other pic's when you get around to it.

How come it sat for so long?

Thanks and I know! I was pretty psyched. The best I can tell is around '07 or '08 she found out it needed the radiator changed and she was given a pontiac she is still driving. The battery "looks" brand new and has an '07 sticker on it. And the one service record she gave me is from the battery purchase and some other few things in late '07.

That is getting past the break in point, now you can start to rally the rat out the beast!!!

Like to see it cleaned up and some interior shot

Agreed ^

What are your plans? Build thread?

Welcome to the board... and 76K :eek:

AWESOME

Definitely will be pushing her across the street to our rental place for a pressure clean and some before pictures before attempting to call roadside assistance for a tow to my house :) Will post more pictures once I can take it. It is crammed into a carport now so I got to see it all, but didn't have my flash camera.

Plans... Considered slamming it (I'm in south florida lol) but that just isn't a subaru. Want something street legal so I'm hoping for a 2" lift or so with some beefy tires... probably white metal rims and some white brush guards front and rear if I can find them.... Then eventually paint... Possibly either white or flat black lol....

For the engine I'm not sure yet. I still have to find a service manual and get familiar with the subaru's again. I noticed some part with a bracket not attached to anything, probably someone "worked on it" a bit for her... going to find a schematic/diagram hopefully and sort her out and see where it leads.

Build thread would be great. Will probably start a new thread for updates once i get some decent photos taken and post the link here.

Nice find man! Should give you many many years of service.

Probably needs new timing belts though... at 76k they could be the original ones! :eek:

LOL I think that would be a safe bet! :/ I saw some timing belt kit online that didn't look too expensive. Still hunting down good subaru resources! Glad to have found this site! :headbang:

I would be able to safely bet you can find everything you'll need here to keep that car on the road, minus some parts and gaskets or hoses.:grin: At least you'll be able to find the link to other sites here if the writeup you need is hosted elsewhere. Google helps with the search function too if you find yourself getting frustrated or stuck with the same threads during a search.