Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought a 92 Legacy sport

Bought this legacy sport as a daily while my infinit g20 is being fixed from a crash into a deer! Pretty decent car. Good accel. and braking and handling is much better since I replaced the struts and brakes with new! May fix her up and sell her or just sell once my G is back! Not really sure how rare the car is but I don't see alot of them, atleast not in a turbo-(that still works!) 5speed? I bought it for 1000 and put 500 into the struts and brakes! Overall it seems like a real good car!

If you can keep oil and coolant in that thing it will serve you better than the Infiniti especially in Winter Park.

Most of the problems I have seen with those are hoses on the inlet tubes. They are real brittle after this many years of heat.

Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys are much nicer than some of the jokers at G20 net! Love the car! Drives great with the new GR-2's didn't spend the dough on the Agx's like my G due to $ flow, but they seem to work great. New Brakes are nice too. Plan on keeping it stock other than maybe an intercooler, rebuilt engine, lighter fly and new clutch if I keep the car. I've read these engines really need that intercooler to keep from blowing. But if I do that some kinda swap might be in order.

I have alot of $ into my G. And the G actually dose just as good as this legacy up here in Winter Park if not a little better(I have alot of mods on it but no turbo on it yet).

This Subaru blows alot I mean alot of smoke in the morning. Hense needing the new engine/rebuilt-This was only bought as a daily driver till my G is fixed. But i Do like it alot. I probably find someone who wants it as bad as I like my G and sell it! Or give it to my GF. But- Thanks Again- for the input and the welcome!

Edited by wplocal

Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys are much nicer than some of the jokers at G20 net! Love the car! Drives great with the new GR-2's didn't spend the dough on the Agx's like my G due to $ flow, but they seem to work great. New Brakes are nice too. Plan on keeping it stock other than maybe an intercooler, rebuilt engine, lighter fly and new clutch if I keep the car. I've read these engines really need that intercooler to keep from blowing. But if I do that some kinda swap might be in order.

I have alot of $ into my G. And the G actually dose just as good as this legacy up here in Winter Park if not a little better(I have alot of mods on it but no turbo on it yet).

This Subaru blows alot I mean alot of smoke in the morning. Hense needing the new engine/rebuilt-This was only bought as a daily driver till my G is fixed. But i Do like it alot. I probably find someone who wants it as bad as I like my G and sell it! Or give it to my GF. But- Thanks Again- for the input and the welcome!

You definitely don't need any type of swap in this car. Like GD posted earlier, the EJ22T is a great motor, most people swap these into their cars, not out. Just rebuild/build what needs it, and it will be perfect.

And a intercooler isn't going to help the engine from blowing, basically all they do is make the air going into the motor more dense, and cool, allowing the car to get more air, which will help make more power (short hand version).

Thanks. I've never owened a turbo. So all input/knowledge is good and welcome. As for my smoke problem it only last for about 3-5 min in the morning and is worse when it's colder out - and no, I'm pretty sure it's not just condinsation cause it stinks like burnt oil. As for the swap I meant yanking that engine out rebuilding or buying a rebuilt and core out and putting back in. I've read these engines are great numerous places and don't get me wrong love the car price was a great buy at 1000. It still has pleanty of power for it's age and pisses off that big truck behind ya! Very happy with it! I'm sure I'll run it till it dies and go from there.!

Thanks. Also good to know! I do mean about you guys being cheapskates! Ha! And no it's actually nope it's not beat to hell. It had a few minor rust spots but I've (sanded and primed) fixed most of them. I couldn't just stand by and watch a good car rust away! I'm sure I'll fix more on the car too! Interior needs a steam clean and only one major tear on the driverseat and needs a dome light cover but is all good otherwise! It's also a 5 speed. I'm Sorry I know someone out there reading this just want's to kick my rump roast right now.

But hey maybe if you have, or can find a 92-96 Infiniti G20T not the base model(another hard car to find), in a five speed(even harder), in good shape(even harder yet I've tried), maybe we can talk/trade? That's what I was looking for when my buddie busted this out!

I will keep in mind that car is desirable though!

Once again my GF really likes it too! She just don't drive stick. But I don't drive auto either. I never learned how so it evens out! Ha! Anyhow thanks for the input again!

Edited by wplocal
Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

91 and 94 are the most desireable

91 cause it had vlsd rear and oll cooler for he ej22t

94 cause it was last year and had better headlighting and better interior ammenities.

i owned a 92ss and it was awesome also owned a 93ss, 94TW, and a current 94ss

liked the 94's most but would DIE for a 91 just could not find any.

something that i have found with legacy wagon was it did the smoking thing ( mine is not turboed ) but the guy i bought it from was running like 10w 30 oil and i went to a little bit heavier weight oil and it stopped the smoking and the burnt oil smell! it might be worth a shot but like i said mine is just the

ej22.. i dream of when i will have money to dop the ej22t into my wagon!