Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 ea81t upgrade

bratclay

Hello everyone. I have a 84 brat wit the ea81t. I was thinkin bout gettin my friends wrx turbo and ic from him. Can I just bolt up the turbo and fab a way to hold the ic and I have some ic couplers left over from my old 07 sti I did a fmic on. I noticed that the stock turbo has no boost controller. It has a hose from wastegate to housing. I didnt feel any pill in the hose. So its runing wastegate boost. Im still in the process of gettin the dang thing running but after I do. I do wanta plan on doin the wrx turbo swap. The uppipe looks like the same bolt pattern as the wrx turbo the td04. The dp I will prob just get a cheap on from ebay. I also plan on doin a lil lift to it. Gotta lot of plans for this lil brat LOL. Just no money. Im doin work on my frds wrx to get his old parts :banana:

Thanks for everyones help

Hello everyone. I have a 84 brat wit the ea81t. I was thinkin bout gettin my friends wrx turbo and ic from him. Can I just bolt up the turbo and fab a way to hold the ic and I have some ic couplers left over from my old 07 sti I did a fmic on. I noticed that the stock turbo has no boost controller. It has a hose from wastegate to housing. I didnt feel any pill in the hose. So its runing wastegate boost. Im still in the process of gettin the dang thing running but after I do. I do wanta plan on doin the wrx turbo swap. The uppipe looks like the same bolt pattern as the wrx turbo the td04. The dp I will prob just get a cheap on from ebay. I also plan on doin a lil lift to it. Gotta lot of plans for this lil brat LOL. Just no money. Im doin work on my frds wrx to get his old parts :banana:

Thanks for everyones help

The bolt pattern on the up-pipe is different for the TD04. You need to cut the flange off the up-pipe and replace it withe one from a WRX up-pipe. Any EA82T up-pipes/down-pipes will work on a EA81T also and are easier to find for modding.