Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newb saying hi and question about manifold flange gaskets

Well thought I'd introduce myself :rolleyes: I'm Andrew and I'm in Northern Utah. I've owned a couple Subaru's a few years back and my family owned several when I was very young. I am now rockin' a 84 DL wagon as of two weeks ago and she is a gem. I installed a new alternator, t-stat, radiator and gave her a good tune up and so far I have been going through everything the po has neglected.

Anyways like every other EA81 I've owned the pipe to manifold gaskets are leaking and I need to replace them. In my searches I have found only one and it was under a foot of dust in an old parts store. It is a Victor Reinz F12284. These used to be everywhere and in stock it seemed back in the day... Browsing online and asking around it seems that everyone's inventory has been depleted and there are no more in stock anywhere :eek: Any ideas? Dealer only? Thanks for any suggestions,

Andrew

the other thing you can do is go to napa and tell them you have an 87 subaru turbo and would like exhaust gaskets for it. They are MUCH stronger gaskets than the normal stock stuff that napa carries for your car. I have a set in mine and have reused them multiple times without issue and no leaks so far (knock on wood).