Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dang it

Im just ranting but if you want something from somebody on here and you the seller commits to making it for the customer and the customer turns u down for someone else on the board even though Im 2 weeks into the build I dont look at the other seller as bad but at least be considerate enough to ask the buyer if they are buying said product from someone else now with that said I am now 300 dollars in the hole thank you very much

I am sorry if this pisses anyone off but I am trying to start small subie thing myself and am now not going on here and offering anymore for said reasons which sucks because I love USMB but there is a lot of undercutting here which creates no money for others.

I am a person that doesnt mind helping others for free hell I have even gave things away for free and have recieved same services in return

i tend to over bid somethings and usually will give people deals for things for those reasons

But no love loss just ranting thanks

scott has a great idea (and quite a bit of experience to work with too!). no seller is going to ask if there's pending deals. a buyer that's okay with letting you sit on product is probably okay saying "no, no existing deals" - and they'd feel perfectly fine without any contract or money exchanged yet.

that being said - shouldn't you be able to tweak this and still sell it?

that's why companies and org's work with contracts. the more that's communicated up front the smoother transactions go. but of course you hate feeling like a machine and loosing the personal touch that we have with small business. you're kind of stuck there trying to maintain the hand shake deals. that's preferable but doesn't always work.

if someone isn't ready to pay, then they aren't ready for your product. good turn around time will help you a lot too.

Im just ranting but if you want something from somebody on here and you the seller commits to making it for the customer and the customer turns u down for someone else on the board even though Im 2 weeks into the build I dont look at the other seller as bad but at least be considerate enough to ask the buyer if they are buying said product from someone else now with that said I am now 300 dollars in the hole thank you very much

I am sorry if this pisses anyone off but I am trying to start small subie thing myself and am now not going on here and offering anymore for said reasons which sucks because I love USMB but there is a lot of undercutting here which creates no money for others.

I am a person that doesnt mind helping others for free hell I have even gave things away for free and have recieved same services in return

i tend to over bid somethings and usually will give people deals for things for those reasons

But no love loss just ranting thanks

Did it take you as long with this customer as it's taken you to make me a skidplate?

Jacob

I've only had one time in the 10 years on this board that someone didn't pay me. To be fair, he had medical issues after I shipped the wheels and for all I know he might have passed away before sending off the check.

Those who have dealt with me know that I like to communicate (almost daily if not more) with the seller/buyer I'm dealing with. I feel that the more we talk and "update" the status of the deal, the more comfortable I am that everything will work out.

To me, silence or no response is a potential deal breaker.