Ultimate Subaru Message Board

liftin a 84 brat

bratclay

Hello everyone,

I have my first brat excited bout buildin it. First gotta get it runin LOL. But I was reading somewhere that they can be lifted 1" without anything. But I havin found how. I was thinkin I would just build me the 2" lift kit cuz that would be plenty for me. I am gettin a set of 14" pugs to put on it. I can weld and fab. I just need some good drawings or plans that you guys have done. Thanks for everyones help. Gotta love the subi community gang here. :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the tip on liftin the back more by clockin the arms. I will try and make me some blocks this weekend so I can get it lifted next week. To clarify, I need to cut 1" at 15* each end out of 2x2x.25 tubesteel and drill 7/16 holes centerline. Then weld a 7/16 bolt to the top and install pushing the strut inwards towards the motor? Thanks everyone for all your help in my brat. Hopefully I can get GD to bring his ecm out next week and see if thats whats wrong and get it running so I can start driving it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinkin bout something. What bout doin a small 2" lowering of the subframes and doin the 4" strut drop on the front. You'll get the 4" lift but keeping the subframe alittle higher for better ground clearance. It would be just like doin the 2" lift but you'll be lifted 4".

What do you think subi gang?

I was thinkin bout something. What bout doin a small 2" lowering of the subframes and doin the 4" strut drop on the front. You'll get the 4" lift but keeping the subframe alittle higher for better ground clearance. It would be just like doin the 2" lift but you'll be lifted 4".

What do you think subi gang?

If you read through some of the other posts on the subject, EA81 axles do not take well to being stressed.

You have to lift everything pretty much the same to maintain the stock axle geometry.

Dan

If you read through some of the other posts on the subject, EA81 axles do not take well to being stressed.

You have to lift everything pretty much the same to maintain the stock axle geometry.

Dan

What about using ea82 axles? Arnt they just a little bit longer and that would makeup for alittle bit. Cuz I have a complete set all 4 from the loyale I got the 5sp d/r from.

Thanks Clay