Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HI All (Friends from Poland)

OK coming soon but my subie is on very bad condition, i buy this car for a 650zł - >200$ now i must to change a bearings & joints.

And a new question: Do my subie EA82 with carburettor -not injection. 90hp with a LPG gas fuel pull te biggest wheel (15" from toyota with somes offroad tires? ) Dose this engine run in mud?

Hello again my friend. You have a good machine for this investment. I am surprised that nobody has answered your questions. Your english type is good enough that you could directly enter the sub-board of 1980's GL and pose this question to them who Know more than me.

I will give you some information I know from experience with many vehicles.

The Subaru is not a truck and pretend to be one for a short time. There were many engineering compromises to make it a safe AWD and also high speed automobile. To your question, yes you can do it and yes it will kill your car.

Slowly kill your Subaru. The strength and support of these various members and the way they are made.....cannot last a long time with huge wheels/tires in my opinion.

I am giving opinion without actually owning that car. I remember Rallies which broke thru the Iron Curtain then. They were so good and Subaru was flying winner in many. They had the best transmissions and even then they were not trying to strip the splines or gears with huge tires. So. You can do it but Carefully.:)