Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 brat chrome tray trim

Has anyone tried to use later gen 2 brat (brumby) chrome trim on a gen 1 brat around the tray.

I am sure that it would be nearly impossiable to get a good gen 1 replacement but gent 2 trim is easy to come by.

MY ute was an old farm basher before I fixed it up and I just painted the trim black at the time which is now chipped and scratched and something needs to be done.

I figure the gen 2 trim should be similar and might fit with a few mods?

I'd gladly hook you up with a full set , maybe less the tailgate piece. Outside chance I may still have a good tailgate piece.

"ctsuba" has that tailgate piece , I'm dead sure of that.

Do you need the corners too? I've got those too.

Feel free to do a walk around of your Brat and give me a list. Between myself and ctsuba we have just about anything you'll need for those.

Long distance and large package for those trim pieces but I'd be happy to send if you (and I if I have time) research shipping and get the lowest possible. Measure the longest piece and figure a couple more inches.

"drivesubies" has a good amount of NOS if you're interested in perfect parts. I've yet to hear of him having that trim , but hey if he does its going to be the best on the planet so expect to pay well.

Thanks for the offer, what would you want for a complete set including corners. I think that postage may be a problem?

If it is going to cost to much I will eventually remove the trim and weld, fill and sand the tray edge to achieve that shaved look! Might do the rain gutters while I am at it as well!