Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 paint codes

There should be one right under the hood on the radiator support. And I can still get the paint at my local auto parts store, They have to mix it for me but two of the stores we (the auto shop I work for) do business with can even put it in a spray can for me!

-SB

it looks like from the pictures you car is a gold color. They had two colors that were similar to each other that year but only one of them was metallic. So if you car is metallic the name of the color should be Astral Gold Metallic, and if it's not it's Harvest Beige. (I looked the up in one of my 1983 dealer brochures)

-SB

it looks like from the pictures you car is a gold color. They had two colors that were similar to each other that year but only one of them was metallic. So if you car is metallic the name of the color should be Astral Gold Metallic, and if it's not it's Harvest Beige. (I looked the up in one of my 1983 dealer brochures)

-SB

Just looked at the pictures of your car. Its def 393 astral gold metallic which is a 83 only color as far as i kno. I should know..ive had two in that color and both 83s lol.

give them a call and give them the code, fairly sure they'll provide you with something. how close it is might be another story.

be aware the metallics are harder to match (more likely to look different) and a little trickier to spray. i just sprayed a metallic not too long ago out of a can. turned out okay but didn't match all that closely, luckily it was on our car we care the least about.

in my recent paint exploration there's a two stage, mix in a can, spray can clear coat. follow the directions to puncture the internal cylinder and you've got 2 stage clear coat. our local places, including a sherwin williams next door, would not provide the clear coats like that. they said they used to so it probably depends on the area.