Ultimate Subaru Message Board

turbo hesitation?

yea true, I love subarus but obviously the things people say about these engines are true...

I know the EJ series is nice, much more power and reliability, ive been into subarus since I could remember, my uncle had a 2000 2.5rs that he autocrossed and I loved the sound and the grip. this thing was so set up suspension wize it beat vettes on the courses!

so now that I have a license (couple years ago) I decided to get my first, but what do you expect for a 300 dollar subaru!

eventually ill buy myself a nice impreza that I could rallycross or something, as for this subaru I think im just going to part it out...

...Good luck if you spun a rod bearing, The next sound you hear might be a rod ventilating your block...

Please do not condemn a make or model simply because a poorly maintained/abused example did what you were warned about.

My son's Camry was needing new radiator hoses and he was warned about it. Hose blew on the freeway and toasted the engine. No intellectually-honest person would conclude from this that Toyotas were junk.

My EA82 started knocking a few months ago. I pulled over and parked it, and then had it towed home. I had spun a bearing, but the damage was minimal and correctable.

My son is less mechanically responsible than am I, so a Camry seemed like a better choice for him then one of our EA82s...

...It didn't help much.

well I actually had my mind set on a new block and then selling the car off cheap... but lastnight the car broke down on the side of a highway and I parked way off the road kinda in the country

went to tow it home this morning and it was gone, called 911 and it was towed to a local wrecking yard in the middle of the night... closed today and tomorrow, probably will be too much for me to even get it out... guess I just need to move on :(