Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So we are getting another ride come spring for my wife, she is very persistent about wanting a 02 OB SUS:rolleyes:, I keep trying to tell her that most of them that I have seen are on the east coast, is this true and if so why? I just never see them out this way only very seldom. I "want " her to go with a 90's lego sedan, clean it up, have GD help me build a franken motor:grin: and maybe a JDM tranny.

the SUS wasn't offered in 2002, so do you mean a 1999 SUS or a 2002 XYZ? SUS was only in 1999, except a few SUS in 1998 in new england only, so maybe there is a statistical sway for the NE states. although by now i'd think enough in the NE have rusted out that the population distribution is the same nationwide. :lol::lol:

the SUS's really do look sharp. they're all EJ25's and all come in automatic only. they are rare and hard to find a good deal on, but they also pop up from time to time, so keep your eye out if you want one cheap.

you can also "make one" so to speak if you had the desire. by another legacy and paint the bottom two tone stripe on it and you've got an SUS look. this greatly expands your years from one and a third to 95-99 and multiple models. you can swap trunk lids and hoods to get the scoop but the GT already has both. or OBW bumper on the SUS. i think i started a thread about "making" an SUS out of my legacy. never did it though, ended up hitting 3 deer in it and repaired it but just not worth all that work now.

The SUS wasn't sold on the NW that I know of - it was an east-coast only model. The few out here have migrated. And yeah - that automatic only thing kinda sucks.

GD

looked up 99 sedans in a 300 miles radius in Washington state and 3 out of 7 listed were SUS. 300 miles around me in MD and 4 out of 21 were SUS. seems about what i'd expect, i think they were offered nationwide. i like a lot, i think they really set themselves apart from plain old sedans. if i find one with a blown engine or something i'd buy it.