Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did a search and came up with nada for KYB

Wanted to put some new shocks and struts into my 2002 obw vdc and pretty much had in mind KYB. If gloyale ever shows up (ok, it's only been 2 weeks) he was going to build me 2" strut top lifts. When i look at the kyb strut/shock assemblies it recommends a new strut mount.. should i bother?

Also, what the heck is the difference between KYB parts KY334447 and KY334275 in terms of what it includes? (guess this also applies to KY334448 and KY334276)

You might look into the 2005 Baja springs they raise the car quite naturally. I try to avoid strut spacers until required as they can create alignment problems if not built properly.

Looks like its a build date difference on your part numbers. One kind is for For models before 5/02 only and the other is after. TireRack.com has pretty good prices on them usually.

Baja springs even raise H6's huh? Was unaware. I will look into that as it's real cheap way of getting some inches. The lifts gloyale (High Guys) make are geometrically engineered, so there shouldn't be a problem really. Combine them with spring lift and upsized tire (granted i have at least 20k miles before i need new tread) and i'm at near the 12" of clearance i am shooting for.

Just so i'm not confused, which one of those KYB sets works for the 02, and i can reuse my old boots, right?

Baja springs even raise H6's huh? Was unaware. I will look into that as it's real cheap way of getting some inches. The lifts gloyale (High Guys) make are geometrically engineered, so there shouldn't be a problem really. Combine them with spring lift and upsized tire (granted i have at least 20k miles before i need new tread) and i'm at near the 12" of clearance i am shooting for.

Just so i'm not confused, which one of those KYB sets works for the 02, and i can reuse my old boots, right?

Not picking on you, definately confused. :)

The build date on the car is the key here. I can't tell from here. Its stamped on the Vin plate usually on that car it would be in the drivers door opening down low by the edge of the rear of the door opening and the front of the rear door.

What kind of lift do baja springs provide on 2002 and newer H6s (with 7.9" clearance already) I can't imagine it's the same 1.25" people with h4s are getting.... probably closer to.. 1/2"?

The car is built 4/02 so that means the struts that cost more, dang. Well.. found a kit on ebay for 300$ shipped.. seems fairly reasonable.

Edited by lesstutrey

So no one has any info about the 7.9" clearance H6's and baja springs?

There is a half inch insert on baja suspensions, that would explain the lift to 8.4" and prove they are pretty much same coils, though i have read a post where someone measured the baja springs against H6 and they were almost a 1/10th of an inch thicker... and they are shorter in comparison, but the extra thickness means extra stiffness... But none of these sites ever say if there lift gained on an OBW with the stock ride height of 7.9 from baja springs

So no one has any info about the 7.9" clearance H6's and baja springs?

There is a half inch insert on baja suspensions, that would explain the lift to 8.4" and prove they are pretty much same coils, though i have read a post where someone measured the baja springs against H6 and they were almost a 1/10th of an inch thicker... and they are shorter in comparison, but the extra thickness means extra stiffness... But none of these sites ever say if there lift gained on an OBW with the stock ride height of 7.9 from baja springs

Not a very frequently done project at this point.

Yeah, can see that as the g2s are still at that point where most people see them as a bit costly for offroad vehicles still, and most people don't have h6's.

oh well, i think i'll keep the stock springs since i just purchased a 2" lift, and any more stress on the CVs seems... bad, even from a 1/2" more. Also a bit broke due to the season so no money for em. Maybe by the time i can afford kyb's someone will have chimed in on this coil spring swap.