Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What size lift for a 205/75R15 sized tire?

ghost

Im looking around a bit and trying to find some answer but i just generally see that for 27" tires, the common is 2" with some cutting possibly required or 3" with a tight fit correct? I hope to get some generic steel wheels that are 6 lug. Most likely 15"x7" with 3.5 inch backspacing. I know those are super common.

I used to have a lifted Geo Tracker and i have 2 sets of tires here around that size (they were the stock ones, i had 235/75/R15 on the Tracker). One set is from my Tracker and i have a set of brand new General Altimax HP's off my moms old junk Maxima (they're lower profile though, 205/65/R15) I know most decent A/T tires come in the 205/75 for a good price too, so i think thats what ill shoot for when i lift my rig.

Im aiming for a no cut solution since my Subaru is in pretty fantastic shape in terms of rust and damage to it. Im thinking maybe a full 3" lift to get all the extra goodies put on (like, not just the strut spacers, have a complete kit dropping crossmembers and everything else.) That is, unless a 2" will work ok for those tires.

Edited by ghost

Ah, i forgot. EA82, its an an 87 GL turbo.

If i could get away with 2" and no cutting that would be awesome. For the set of 205/65/R15 I assume id be ok with a 2" lift (they measure out to about 25.5") but moving up to my 205/75/R15 i may hit some rub.

From the lifted Soob 2010 topic I found this one, owned by brysawn:

2" homemade lift

6-lug hubs using toyota studs

toyota 4runner sr5 wheels

General grabber at2 in 205/75/15

http://i32.tinypic.com/30m8srb.jpg

Thats pretty much the exact look i want and the wheels are coincidentally the exact ones i found locally(but they may prove troublesome due to needed both new studs and lug nuts)

I'm putting a set of 205 75 15's on my Brat with a 3" lift. But they only measure about 26.5-26.7" tall. I fit 26.25" tires with a 2" lift in the front and just the torsion bar cranked in the rear, so I'm pretty sure the extra little bit will fit fine

A 205/75/15 should be a 27.1" tire, minimum.

From the lifted Soob 2010 topic I found this one, owned by brysawn:

2" homemade lift

6-lug hubs using toyota studs

toyota 4runner sr5 wheels

General grabber at2 in 205/75/15

http://i32.tinypic.com/30m8srb.jpg

Thats pretty much the exact look i want and the wheels are coincidentally the exact ones i found locally(but they may prove troublesome due to needed both new studs and lug nuts)

I returned your message about the wheels. Its very easy to get these to fit. The tough part is finding a store that will have 24 of the studs you need, be prepared to drive to a bunch of different O'reilly's :grin:

sorry, but mine are brand new, and they measure between 26 1/2 and 26 3/4. All tire manufacturers are different when it comes to tire size. I have found that with many tires.:-\

Yeah that is very true. I was just going off of the metric conversion.

I returned your message about the wheels. Its very easy to get these to fit. The tough part is finding a store that will have 24 of the studs you need, be prepared to drive to a bunch of different O'reilly's :grin:

Thanks very much brysawn! I was searching for studs and did see they had 2 different parts for front and rear. You're saying i need the ones with the longer spline thread right? Otherwise, due to the thinness of the hub compared to the Toyota hub they go in, the wheels wouldn't get tight by not having enough threads correct?

Yea, I think the studs are about $1.80 or $2 depending on which part is the correct one. Now all i have to do is find some 4Runner or Yota Truck lug nuts. That shouldnt be too hard, but that im only speculating.

The tires that are going on it are going to be 205/65/R15's General Altimax HP's off my moms non running Maxima. They should fit fine if you're running 205/75's.

Thanks very much brysawn! I was searching for studs and did see they had 2 different parts for front and rear. You're saying i need the ones with the longer spline thread right? Otherwise, due to the thinness of the hub compared to the Toyota hub they go in, the wheels wouldn't get tight by not having enough threads correct?

Yea, I think the studs are about $1.80 or $2 depending on which part is the correct one. Now all i have to do is find some 4Runner or Yota Truck lug nuts. That shouldnt be too hard, but that im only speculating.

The tires that are going on it are going to be 205/65/R15's General Altimax HP's off my moms non running Maxima. They should fit fine if you're running 205/75's.

No, you need to make sure that you get the SMALLER shoulder, if you get the longer of the two, it sticks through the hub and the lug nut will bottom out on the shoulder of the stud before you are able to tighten on the wheel.

And for the studs, just go to Les Schwab and ask for their used lug nuts. Tell them what you need and they should have tons of them. I got all 24 of mine for 20 bucks.

And yes, those tires should fit. I had to trim a little with my tires though.