Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Having problems with my Emergency Brake?

I dont know much about these message boards, and so please forgive any discrepancies. I recently purchased my 86 subaru GL, from a friend of mine, and the vehicle is in some need of repair. Namely one thing is that I believe the E-Brake is stuck in the on position after use. It all started about a week after purchase, when I used the brake in a parking lot on a hill, after releasing the brake the vehicle rested stone cold stopped on the hill, not rolling until after using alot of gas, the vehicle then gave a pulsating rubbing sound coming from the rear end, I'm thinking its the hill brake, but am not to sure, anyone got any clues?

Umm.. I thought ebrake was rear wheels on the 86 GL...

You do have a hill holder, which when the clutch is in all the way, and you push the brake all the way down, it engages...

Have you tried lifting the ebrake and then slamming it back down... This worked on my Loyale...

This should be posted in the Older Generation forum, more people with more knowledge will notice it.