Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi I'm new here I need help I own a 97 Impreza I spun a bearing .Any ways Igot another engine (EJ2.2) same as the original but is a95 the intake is diferent and has a egr valve and the original doesn't what do I do . Also the 95 engine has an air pipe? that goes to the egr valve and the wirering harnes is diferent any info will be apressiated

Welcome to this forum. Lots of people willing to help you here. Suggest on any future thread that you write, to be very specific to describe what your problem is on the title line. You will get more people to respond to you that way. Simply titling your thread as "help," doesn't say much.

Swap out the intake, putting 97 intake on 95 motor. Should bolt up.

I am thinking the wiring harness can't be that much different, though I really don't have hands on experience on 95 or 97 model. My guess is that the wiring may just have different style connectors. That was the issue I had when I swapped a 2.2 from a 92 into a 91.

After swapping out the intakes, you should have a very easy job sealing what is left of the EGR system on the "new" engine. Common practice is to cut the metal EGR tube, hammer it flat, fold and flatten once more and if you really want to go crazy you can seal it with some JB weld, but that is probably overkill.

There are other ways to do it to be sure, there might even be a plug on your old engine that fits the threads of the tube on the new one. Its been a while since I've been into an EJ22, they seem to last forever if you keep oil in them.

I cut the end off the pipe, then cut the flared pipe section shorter, weld up the hole in the threaded fitting and install it with the shortened flare section back into the head. Cheap plug.

But yeah - just use your '97 intake and plug the hole in the head. Get intake gaskets at the dealer.

You will also need a new exhaust header since the '95 uses dual-port heads and the '97 you had was single-port.

GD