Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Serious Problem. 95 Legacy LS

I got the car it needed the speed sensor and neutral safety switch replaced, I did that. I replaced the fuel filter. The car constantly dies while driving it. AT Temp light blinks 16 times, 5 times, or not at all. There has been no constantcy with the blinking light. I'm stuck. Need Help Please.:banghead:

I have had the codes read through the OBDII, those are the problems that I replaced. When I replaced the fuel filter it got worse. Ok is the AT blinking codes the same as the OBDII codes? This is my first Subaru, so please excuse me if I ask a question that should be common knowledge.

I have had the codes read through the OBDII, those are the problems that I replaced. When I replaced the fuel filter it got worse. Ok is the AT blinking codes the same as the OBDII codes? This is my first Subaru, so please excuse me if I ask a question that should be common knowledge.

There's more than one computer in your car. There's the ECU, that controls the engine. And that's what has the OBD2 port you can plug in to and read codes.

Then there's the TCU, that controls the shifting of the transmission. The AT light on the dash is essentially it's check engine light. But since the computer to read from it's diagnostic port isn't a common item you need to do it manually.

So as GD said, search on here for the procedure.

And actually, right now there's a post just a few before this one that states the procedure...