Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'92 Loyale sedan

I'm not sure how the Tophat would work with that kit, I know there are tons of threads on here about the whole Accord/Tempo spring swap. I'll do some searching and see what I find, and post it back here.

Hmm.....sounds like something to look for at PAP.

I'm assuming that an Accord coilover kit would work as well, somthing like this.

If anything the ride height in the back is okay right now, but the load capacity is not. the accord springs would probably be okay though, as I doubt the back would be any higher than the front is now.

• 2 months later...
The car now needs a water pump. Is there anything special that needs to be done to burp the system, or just leave the radiator cap off and warm it up?

Thats about it, it will take forever for the thermostate to open if it just idles. Hold it up to 3000rpm off and on to warm it up quicker.

The car now needs a water pump. Is there anything special that needs to be done to burp the system, or just leave the radiator cap off and warm it up?

raise the front end up a little - they can be a little stubborn to burp all the air out sometimes. lifting the front will help that.

then, once you think you have it - fill the overflow to the correct level, and check it regularly for a while to make sure it stays up.

oh - BTW - not sure if you ever got an answer on the towing thing - but yeah, 5 spd FWD car should be fine - it is the AWD ones that have issues.

• 3 weeks later...

The Loyale is up and running again! I ended up having to take the drivers side timing belt tensioner off just to see what I was doing as I scraped the old gasket off! And of course the timing belt covers did NOT go back on. :banana:

Hello. Congrats on your new Roo. I have basically the same car just a year older. I was posting about your CEL. I have had mine throw a couple codes and the CEL stayed on solid. The only time that I saw it blink was when the test connectors above the brake booster by the fuel filter were plugged together. There are two White connectors with one wire and two Green connector with one wire. Neither one of them should be hooked together unless you are running diagnostics. Thought I would throw it out there. Maybe it'll help. Hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Good Day to you. Don

Yep, it was the test connectors.

I have one of the radio adapters here you can have for $5.00 plus shipping if you want it. I think that's what I paid for it at the upulit. It's deeper so the longer style radidios will fit.

Thanks, but we sourced a stock radio at PAP.

It also got two nicer front seats, and a new rear seatback, also courtesty of PAP.

One of the next things is a front axle. What are the good non-oem axles? Several local parts stores have axles with a lifetime guarantee in the $50-70 range.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple of pics I just took for you. I haven't put this in the car yet so it was easy. It looks like the kind of clip you have to pry off with a small screwdriver. Like the kind of thing that holds the wheels on toys. I would think it would be easier to unbolt the cable first. Good luck sure looks easier sittin on the trash can than in the car.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Here's a couple of pics I just took for you. I haven't put this in the car yet so it was easy. It looks like the kind of clip you have to pry off with a small screwdriver. Like the kind of thing that holds the wheels on toys. I would think it would be easier to unbolt the cable first. Good luck sure looks easier sittin on the trash can than in the car.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Hmm...that does look difficult.

Ours didn't have that clip at all, just a slight press fit through the pedal. I'm not even sure how I'd put that back on with a clip anyway, it was challenging without.

Thank you for the picture, that's just what I needed!

Hmm...that does look difficult.

Ours didn't have that clip at all, just a slight press fit through the pedal. I'm not even sure how I'd put that back on with a clip anyway, it was challenging without.

Thank you for the picture, that's just what I needed!

Glad to help I thought the pic would make it easier. I have no idea what year that assembley is from other than being a Loyale wagon at the upulit. I do know that the darker pic is from an 86 XT as it came with the tranny we bought and they both had that little clip on em. The pin posistion is different on both of them. The outside picture one looks to me like it should be flipped around as it rubs on the housing.

The water pump I just replaced started leaking yesterday. I thought it was probably the base gasket or the o-ring; I checked it out today and it wasn't.

water_pump-WP9161.jpg

It's hard to see in this pic, but the water seems to becoming out of the little weephole directly opposite the heater hose fitting. What would cause this?

Can I just plug it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, quite the bump, haha.

Hah, I just had problems with my water pump. Crappy aftermarket one. Put an OEM one back on and fixed the problem

Now, I can't help you with the seals/gaskets, but what tires are you running in that picture? I can see "Mohawk" on it, but what size/model tires are those? That is, if you still have them/can remember. I'm liking the tread pattern. 

wow, There is a crap-ton of stuff happening to this car all at once lol!

What kinda tyres are those? They look like agriculture type tyres.

*edit* whoops. Maybe I should read everything first. Kinda like Apple end user agreement, skip, skip, skip agree. =P

Edited by l75eya