Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I had a close call last night had some bad flooding going on got cocky and started to head trough the water by the time the water hit the hood it was to late hydro locked then started to float :(.

luckaly a suburban was coming the other way he flipped around and pushed me out of the water after pulling the plugs and turning the engine over a few times i put the plugs in and drove home :):banana: i new need to remove my seats and dry my carpet out but all is well. this car will be getting a snorkle eventualy....

Here is a pic from thismorning check the water mark on the telephone pole water was about a foot lower than where the pole is dry. and my legacy died right in the middle of the intersection at 9pm last night.

DSCN0116.jpg

Rob.

I got lucky i was'nt turning very high revs and i actualy had two of my tool boxes with me lol. Then again there is really no way to know if i bent anything whithout pulling the engine apart but the engine is running as strong as before the water so im shure everything is fine i will be changing the oil soon though.

Rob.

Edited by subaruguru

Its Karma man! Help them, they help you. We certainly are outnumbered and certainly go places that might get us into trouble sometimes. I don't like Jeep products but their owners can certainly be handy when you snap an axle in the middle of nowhere.

I came close once. It wasnt moving water just drains overcome by the downpour. A chool down the block that i went to as a kid. I kept going and going and then water was over the hood, but the bow wave was keeping it just below the wir intake under the hood. Then the SOB in the freaking blazer decided to go opposing me, I wanted to kill him. Luckily I got through it with the snorkus doing its job, but never again.