Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was driving through Wilkes Barre and the guy riding in my car pointed out the Forester next to us with "no driver"

I've seen a handful of RHD Leg's but this was the first RHD Forester I've seen, but it gets better...

It also had a steering wheel on the drivers side :eek::eek:

That's right a Bi-Hand Drive Fozzy!! :grin:

I didn't get a close look at the right side steering wheel, but I saw the stock steering wheel on the LH spin as the "passenger" turned off onto the highway.

Did SOA import RHD Fozzy's for the postal service?

Maybe a custom job for a driving instructor?

Probably an "adapter kit" of some sort. I have a friend that "converted" her Suburban that way for mail delivery. IIRC it's all added on. LHD stuff is still intact and operational.

I seem to remember her having to travel to Kansas or Oklahoma(or thereabout) from northern California to have the conversion done.

Just my 2 bucks

I have seen such custom things done for driving instructional vehicles. In case of a serious manuevering mistake or other issue with the student driver - the instructor can just take over the operation of the vehicle.

GD

Yes! ...

Those are Very common here known as "Two Steering Vehicles" and are used on Driving Schools.