Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So...Im having a crazy thought for a future build...

aaronxs400

yes

all of that changed now.....it was a futile project the has morphed into long term thoughts.

it will run 37" tires at first.the chassis is built to the inside specs of the hatch itself.i will try to reskin as much of the original hatch as possible.i been looking for some 1 ton axles, but will probably just run chromoed toyota axles.they have an amazing amount of strength.etc, etc,

it will have linked suspension with fox air shocks, i have 6.5-1 samurai transfer case for it, ummm ej22 with 5 spd d/r at first.then eventually a toyota trans t-case with doubler........

i will be getting it going here again real soon..with more pics and such , as i lost a bunch of the build pics somehow.

:)

I am in for progress.

I think your a little light on your pricing. I was.

I will have about 2.5k in the xfer case, diff's, and gears. This is using junk yard parts. With new gear sets for the diffs and lockers.

Running a divorced t case will save some money for sure as well as staying mostly subie.

What is taking me time is that I am not using any of theu subie as part of the structure. It will just bolt to the frame. Really when I am done it could be changed to a different body.

The bike looks great and it seems as though you could do well with the project. My big cripple is time. I only have a few hours a week to work on it right now.

I'll be watching.