Ultimate Subaru Message Board

you didn't do anything, just removed it and reinstalled it? will you come work on mine!? LOL. good job figuring it out so quick.

mine works I just run out of fuel as soon as the gas light comes on, so others said i have something wrong at the base/mesh screen. could you tell by looking at yours what might be wrong with mine?

or - did your new bosch unit come as an entire assembly with the screen and all - in which case it shouldn't matter.

the Bosch comes with the strainer my old one is yellow looking and looks rather nasty.. I have some close up pictures of it before I put it back in.

I need to check my gas light because mine used to come on before it just rests on the peg and now I haven't seen it on in months now..

some one else had a thread that came down to an intermittent fuel pump.

glad you figured it out. seems like you focused in on ti right away.

congrats.

I will have to search the threads I think I remember a thread like that.

A interesting thing to note is just under a half a tank the fuel level comes up to the fuel pump about 2 inches covering it.

the pump I got is from here nipper found it for me which is not a bad deal.. Better then a cheap Chinese pump...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130466486539

I did express so it should be here no later then Tuesday.

dsc2070u.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc2069l.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by 1-3-2-4

yeah the trick is to not knock a ton of dirt into the tank and to not knock the strainer off when putting the new pump in. Oh yeah and to not get to high off the fumes.

While on the topic of fuel pumps: Carquest autoparts (which also owns worldpac) is selling fuel pump assemblies (pump/filter/ gas gauge the whole nine yards) for pretty low prices. They are bosch pumps. Put one in a friends nissan truck and another in a ford :(. Not all my customers drive subarus. I haven't checked to see if they sell them for legacys.... will keep the forum posted.

it's impossible to knock the strainer off the stock one has one of those clips with the fingers on them (I forget the name) it reminds me of a pressure plate of a clutch.

Anyways looks like the bosh one is held in by a nut.. I dunno I'm still waiting here.

wow these idiots say they tried to delivery at 2:08 pm but no one was home.. I've been home since 8 AM this morning and no one ever knocked.. I don't give a damn if it says come tomorrow but I'm going over tonight before they close to see if I can try and get my two packages that seemed to be someone who has no brain to try KNOCKING and not just throwing out pink slips..

how in the hell does the post office keep running?!?!?

and the best thing of all my pink slip was for my other package and not the express one.

:mad::Flame:zzz

ugh went to get the package this morning and I almost thought they lost that.. i don't get why they never left it because it was no need to sign for..\

Anyways I'm going to let the pressure bleed off (it's snowing here) and eat some food and do the job and bring my camcorder :)

IMAG0006-1.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg