Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do you have anywhere you can work on it yourself, like a friend's garage or something like that?

Some areas have adult education programs at their high school vocational education schools where you can enroll in a course for not too much money and bring your car to work on it. Might be a good option for you if you want to do your own work but don't have a place to do it.

Yea my ex girlfriend loves the look of it, even if it has a weird front end look (brown/gray hood with green body and bumper isnt quite on right)

Shes willing to pay 1000 if it doesnt need a new engine, and 1400 if it does... So im thinkin Im looking for an EJ22 with low miles.

Shouldn't be that hard. They come up time to time on here.

Good thing you haven't done what I just did... bought a car to flip, fell in love with it, and posted your DD up for sale. haha.

I love the legacies...

But my DD is Ned, and Ned is the cheapest car Ive purchased that wasnt a piece of crap...

My 85 DL was a dream come true, except the manual locks, windows etc.

My 92 Loyale was pretty amazing too, had the good options.

My 83 Wagon was, well, a wiring nightmare

My 84 DL was just... Messed up, got it fixed, but still wasnt what I needed.

Then I got Ned, 1986 GL Sedan, the luxury options of my Loyale with the looks of my 85 DL that my dad gave me, so Im just happy. Low miles, it will run forever :) Im happy. :banana:

I know Ive said this a million times :horse: but I just love Subarus, and Ned... Ned wont get traded in, hell my subaru dealership said theyd give me 1000 trade in for him as a car, and 1000 more for him being a subaru, I still said no. Hes worth a lot more than 2000 to me. Still funny though, whenever I go to get parts, my dealership knows him by name "Hey marshall, what does Ned need to get down the road today?" "Ah nothin, its for the crappy turbo that wishes it was Ned" hahahaha:lol:

Just an update:

Waterpump is screwed... The timing belt is skipping all over the place

Also found NO COOLANT in the radiator so... F**K :mad:

Gonna continue its tear down, if its not too bad, will put new timing belt, waterpump and start it up, drive it for 1k or so miles and if its still alive with no issues, it goes... BYE BYE :clap:

time to kick back and see what happens :popcorn:

If things are screwed, it will go up on here as a parts car... Has a good transmission, amazing interior, some straight panels etc (not currently parting out)

No oil, no coolant, overheated a bunch, making noises like there are Communist gnomes making weapons from the crankshaft....

It is irresponsible and borderline criminal to sell the car with that engine in it. Period. End of discussion. I don't care how good it runs - it's comprimised and you are aware of it - thus you cannot in good faith offer that product to someone. It's not a car - it's a ticking bomb.

Rip it out and put in an engine instead of a boat anchor. Or just part the thing out and take your lumps for buying a pos without first checking the fluids and doing the rest of the homework. You should have been nice to those poor folks and told them they could get $250 for it from any of the junk yards in town. Now they have been ripped off, you have been ripped off, and you are going to rip-off yet a third party by reselling it?

No es bueno dude.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

I'll take the transmission exhaust hanger if you please, give ya $5 for it. :clap: you could drop it off at Ricks most likely we still need to fix that part. But I agree that car is a pile.... I just had a friend who had to take his IMP OB to GD because some moron starved it of oil,neglected hoses etc, he paid $2500 for the pos, needless to say he is in regret now, but a new EJ22 made him happy. He should have listened to me when I told him Rick had a great LGT with a swapped EJ22 but nnnooooooo....... Honestly I don't understand, you have spent many hours under the guidance of a man who frankly is a genius and perfectionist, but yet you buy a POS that will make you zero profit.

No oil, no coolant, overheated a bunch, making noises like there are Communist gnomes making weapons from the crankshaft....

It is irresponsible and borderline criminal to sell the car with that engine in it. Period. End of discussion. I don't care how good it runs - it's comprimised and you are aware of it - thus you cannot in good faith offer that product to someone. It's not a car - it's a ticking bomb.

Rip it out and put in an engine instead of a boat anchor. Or just part the thing out and take your lumps for buying a pos without first checking the fluids and doing the rest of the homework. You should have been nice to those poor folks and told them they could get $250 for it from any of the junk yards in town. Now they have been ripped off, you have been ripped off, and you are going to rip-off yet a third party by reselling it?

No es bueno dude.

GD

This is why I go to West Linn every time I need help with the car, someone who actually is not a crook. My next subie will be one of yours...just as soon as the money comes:brow:

I remember that OB.... The green one with the body damage with the rod knock?

Im looking for another engine I guess... Stephanie just got her dads approval for up to $1500 on the car, and so she is now asking when it will be done.

What year EJ22 do I need? Can I get away with 90-95?

95 will have dual port heads, but if it's from a legacy it'll be obd2. Doesn't mean you can't use it, just means you'll have to swap intake manifolds.

I think we had to do that on that OBS...

Will consider it, right now have someone looking to take it away for parts :headbang:

Wants the tranny for $200

Wheels for $50

Front seats for $50

Alternator (brand new with Warranty) for $75

Trunk and hood for $100

etc... Pretty much had at least 600 in stuff he wanted, that hed pull. I told him I didnt have the space and he said that he could take it away for $500. I told him that the engine was useless unless rebuilt so he could have it for $400, and he said wed meet in the middle at $450 and save us both the hassle, he said hed consider it, so I make a few bucks and get the eye sore outta Neds spot:clap: