Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Australian Ebay items for old gen subies.

Thought I would put up a notice of what comes up on occasion,considering the parity of our currencies at present it is easy to work out costs.

Currently listed are front and rear screen rubbers for FF1,GFT and most models of Subaru from 1968 with the Exception of the 360 which we never had in Australia officially.

The GFT was not local officially but the GSR was,both coupes so same screen rubbers.

Their have been listed various items such as new 1400 clutch kits,piston kits for 1400 models gasket sets and a real gem a NOS GFT grill centre badge,very pretty in orange and chrome,just remember to search worldwide on Ebay.

I am sure some board member will be willing to help if a vendor will not deal with international orders in various countries.

When restoring older models leave no avenue unexplored,I will endeavour to post any other items of interest that may surface in Australia.

One of the members of Ausubaru "Frog" is a Subaru parts man and currently has listed part numbers on the site that are in stock at his country NSW dealership for many of the older models ,what you are looking for may be there so check it out fellow Subie Lovers.

Coxy, the GFT was available in Australia. The GF and GFT are hardtops and they replaced the GSR in Australia in 1975.

I think initially the GF was imported and then the GFT. You could no longer buy a GSR when these models were on sale.

The GFT had a 1400cc twin carb motor and 5 speed box, then the GF came with the 1600cc motor and single carb and 5 speed also there was the GFA which had an auto box. Regards to the 1400 GFT 5 speed that is a very rare box as it was only fitted to that car.

Cheers Thierry