Ultimate Subaru Message Board

steering and brakes?

Uberoo

I'm in the middle of doing an 8" transfercase lift on my ea81 wagon.I have most of the lift blocks in place and the thing is massive! I have two questions right now. One: the steering shaft is at a pretty steep angle stock.Will I be able to just extend the shaft or will it bind up?83 wagon non powersteering.

Second: Rumor has it that the rear brake lines don't need to be extended for up to 10" of lift or so.Mine seems to have a pretty big gap that needs to be filled.Or am I supposed to remove all the rubber lines from the trailing arm and just let them hang?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have 2X8 blocks on it, or 2X6???

Woody has a 6" lift on his Brat and he drilled a new hole for the steering column to go through about 2" below the stock one, before that he had double knuckles in it and the does not work it binds up real bad............

Jeff

how is that trolling? one eyes post wasnt very clear on if the double joints in the stock setup bound up or not.It sounds like he had to move the column downwards and use double joints to get it work.

regarding the brakes what size are the fittings at least for the front?

how is that trolling? One eyes post wasnt very clear on if the double joints in the stock setup bound up or not.it sounds like he had to move the column downwards and use double joints to get it work.

Regarding the brakes what size are the fittings at least for the front?

go ************ing measure!!!!!!

• Like 1

I don't have any tools for measuring angles or thread pitches.Even if I did I don't know the max angle that the steering joint(s) can work at.Maybe rather than being a wongleflute about it you could say:

the joints only can take 20* of deflection before they bind up bad.So do some math and find out if the will work in your appiation

so much better than yelling to mesure parts...