Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Timing marks missing on crank sprocket?

That is interesting, and makes sense why it would only come on the manual.

the crank shaft is not affected, turned, wiggled, by the movement of the wheels when the car is in gear and parked on a truck with an automatic trans.

but it does happen with a 5 speed. rock the car back and forth the crank will wiggle.

the crank shaft is not affected, turned, wiggled, by the movement of the wheels when the car is in gear and parked on a truck with an automatic trans.

but it does happen with a 5 speed. rock the car back and forth the crank will wiggle.

back when I was taking off the crank pulley in 5th gear and ebrake on I was still able to move the car backwards.. I later had to chock the wheels.

maybe for an auto but after I blocked the wheels I had the crank bolt off in less then 2 min.

dare I say it, I thought it was pretty fun doing the timing belt.. I got confused with the arrows myself and all but once I did that and knew which to look for I was done in like an hour.

Going to do it all again this spring because i did not do the cam seals which area leaking but I have them ready and I have an impact for the cams.

Turning the cams over by hand via the sprocket only is a good workout!