Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can anyone ID this oil pump?

The one I posted second was checked by Subaru and is listed as an EA81 pump and matches what is on my '85 Brat. Are you sure the first two are EA81? Just want to be sure before shelling out money. I just paid $50 for the second one. Are they interchangeable?

Edited by skishop69

Well, sh*t. The information I found online and the the info supplied by the seller both said it fit EA71 and EA81 and it is part #15010AA120. I guess I have a $40 paperweight. Funny thing is, I just resealed mine (and it's leaking again, and yes I used the subie seals/gaskets) and I am 100% sure it did not have a longer snout on it, so I would have to say someone installed the wrong pump at some point in the past. I believe the pump housing to be warped as I can't get a permanent seal between the engine case and pump. Once it starts leaking and gets worse, it starts draining back after sitting for 4 hours or so and I get about 5 or so seconds of engine noise on cold start. Don't want to ruin the bearings so I decided to replace it.