Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Portland members: Need a little help....

This should probably be posted elsewhere, but I need some help for a friend down in your area. He's getting back on his feet and needs reliable transportation. He was oogling my Subie collection and being only 22, he hasn't really seen the old school stuff but likes it.l Ok, back on track. He needs to keep it around $500-$600 but could stretch to $800 if someone would work out payments. He's a good kid and just spent the weekend here splitting a cord and a half of wood as thanks for me helping. It doesn't have to be pretty, but it does need to be reliable and if there's anything it needs, then we'll address that. Thanks in advance for the help guys. Ski

I will have a subi ready for sale in a few days. I was goin to ask 1200 on CL but I could let it go for 1k for someone on here. Its a 85 GL wagon. Its 4hi and 4low 5sp. Im lifting it 2"s and looking for a good set of 185/80/13's for it. Its brown and brown on the inside. It runs great. I just changed the oil in the tranny with new gear oil and goin to change the motor oil and filter too. I dont think I can go as low as 800. But I might be able to work something out. Just let me know if that will work. Im working on it now so it should be ready to go soon.

Thanks Clay