Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for another legacy wagon

Get one with a blown engine and do a swap. Makes for nice cheap cars!

I would BUT... around the time I need to get the car I'd need to on the road a few days later more so if I do the last week in April.. After April the next trip will be a 325 mile drive to N.C. 2 months later.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would BUT... around the time I need to get the car I'd need to on the road a few days later more so if I do the last week in April.. After April the next trip will be a 325 mile drive to N.C. 2 months later.

I bought a Legacy with a blown engine and had it running within three days of getting it home...

LOL I saw that pic in the other thread I just now noticed no lift haha that wont work for me since it's outside in a driveway.. a rather small one at that.

I wish I had a pic of pulling the engine out of my friend's chevy... We did it at his house and didn't have a garage. I used 4x4s to make a frame type deal over the front of the car all tied together with rope. Hauled that sucker right out.

It's been a while but how does it feel over a cable one? crazy question I know... I should of did this sooner but going to be getting rid of cable tv since I only watch maybe 1 hour or less a month it's pointless to keep paying $162 a month for it.

Just quicker for me to reach my target date

lets see if I can remember stuff to check for the 2nd gens more so anything with a Ej25..

1.) let car warm up.

2.) look at overflow tank

3.) smell overflow tank

4.) drive in figure 8's

5.) check for rust in the common areas

Anything I'm missing? If seller does not know when the timing belt was done just do it myself for piece of mind.

• 2 weeks later...
question is it possible for a 2000 Legacy to have internal headgasket issues?

i've seen two listings so far for 2000 Legacies with the issues but I've just only heard of them having the external issues.

GENERALLY the phase2 2.5 (SOHC) is an external coolant leak.

But as any engine, it can blow a head gasket in any place if you're unlucky.