Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have read about everyone suggesting sawpping the 2.5 for the 2.2. When I mentioned this to my mech and others I am told that it is a serious event as I would have to swap out computers and such. Aside from the engine, what other components would need to be changed?

Be year specific please.

Not a big deal for most 96-99 2.5's. But that's hard to understand until you've done one.

Seriousely. It's pretty darn straight forward.

But we need to know what year the 2.5 car is and what you're thinking of for a replacement. Mostly about the EGR and EVAP system.

No hands on experience, but I have read a lot to remember that there is no computer swap needed, and no issues, or very minimal issues with wiring harness if swap is done on 96-99 Leggies. After year 99, it won't swap because of computer issues. Something also about a bracket swap to attach the A/C compressor. Use the bracket from the 2.5 on the 2.2 motor.

Tons written here on this subject. Check the Search feature on this forum to learn a lot.

It's actually pretty easy.

I have no idea where sanders is though. Please update with a city/state folks like me may recognize.

A 95 2.2 is preferred, and 2.2 up to 99 can be used but 06-99 will require a different Ypipe (from the donor car) called a "single port Y-pipe".

There may be some vacuum line work dealing withthe EVAP system and there won't be a bracked on the intake for the PS lines - no big deal.

No computer swap necessary.

Lots here have done it and I've done somewhere between several and many.

But do some reading. Lots of good folks here. But most of us prefer to answer specific questions AFTER the OP has taken some time to educate themselves.

But really not a big deal. Sounds much worse than it is.