Ultimate Subaru Message Board

God blessed sonnuva b.........

Power wire broke off the relay for my cooling fans... over heated EA82, it's boiling into the tank. I am gonna do a block test but I am slowly consuming water. I swear to everything good, this car is gonna get an ej, and my ea's (both of them) are going to the bottom of JOE POOL LAKE!!!!

if you wanna drive down to texas, they are both yours. one has sat since april outside, no love:) but it mixes water with coolant and was severely over heated, the other is in the car still running. This morning on the way to work, if I exceeded ~60mph the temp would creep up. this is with a brand new dealer t-stat. freshly flushed radiator, etc. Turn the engine off and "blub, blub-blub" from the bottle. :mad: I have had enough. :mad:

I love my car, don't get me wrong. Its the engine going into the lake, my car is gonna get the ej swap

Edited by Ricearu

i need to tear down the one outside and recycle the alum, but they want it spotless, eh, i think I will pull the heads, and have them reworked , and use them to fix what is in there now to sell. When I put that motor in, it had 60k on it, I have put 38k since. so a 100k motor with redone heads should be sellable. it wasn't hard overheated like the old one. and runs good, good compression, no smoke, no TOD, what would you guys think it is worth with fresh HG's and reman'd heads? and a reseal 38k ago?

Edited by Ricearu