Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Legacy L Sedan problems

Hi. I have a 1995 Legacy L sedan that I bought with 197,700 miles on it, I have driven back and forth from Chicago to Denver 7 times in it so far. I love this little car. Millage right now is 206,720. The other night she stalled out on me. The check engine light went on, the power steering felt stiff. She started putting, and could not accelerate anymore. She started up again the next day, with the same thing happening, this time also the tachometer and speedometer were not working as well.

My question is if you think this is something computer issues, where I can plug in a diagnostic to check it out, or if you think this is something mechanical? I would really like to get her fixed up and out there again, I love this little car. Thanks for your help.

If you don't have an OBD2 code reader, then suggest you put-put over to an Autozone or Advance Auto Parts store, or similar parts store. The counter sales guy will come out to the parking lot, and read your codes at no cost. A code read will tell you what the problem is.

My guess is nothing serious. Let us know what the code read is. If you are handy with a wrench, it is likely you can fix the problem yourself. Let us know, we will be happy to walk you through any repair.