Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car is a Nov. 95 2.2 5 speed. 177K on the odometer. It hesitates when I slow down to take a curve or start up a hill where the engine needs to lugg a bit and as soon as I stab the gas it bucks till I downshift 1 or 2 gears then there is no problem. I also have a 90 2.2 5-speed that I take the same curves or hills the same way and it just takes off. No need to down shift. Just replaced the gas tank with a low miliage unit and I have no idea when the timing belt was changed last. Other than the bucking issue the car just plain rips along on the highway.

I did a search and most of the problems that came up were at warm up hesitation and my problem seems to be when the car is already warmed.

Thanks all, Mark

Are you SURE you got the pickup tube/screen on the fuel pump correctly when you changed the tank? Did you have the pump out? I have seen these left off or fallen off and when you take a corner the fuel pump will suck air and the engine will have a hessitation, etc....

GD

Now there is a good question, I did not do the tank change, so I can take it back to where I had it done and have them check it. I know I could do it myself, but why....

Will a quick down shift and a rev cure this as in my situation?