Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Tool Needed (to borrow or??)

hi guys i guess this is probably more of a classified add type thing but im not realy looking to buy as anyone with one would be silly to sell it anyway

im removing the wet sleaves from my 1400 and need the puller to do it. the local dealer chucked all there old tools a few years ago and the cheapest one i have found is over 800 bucks anyway i may have to make something if i cant find one.

and yes im in the process of a complete rebuild on one of my ea63's :-\ not shure what im thinking.

I have never used the tool when i have pulled a motor apart, the first motor i was lucky as in after i pulled the heads off i turned the motor over and all liners popped out, second motor the were a bit tighter, i split the block and through the gap i removed the bigend caps one at a time, romoved the piston conrod out then pressed the liners out from the inside.

because the liners can come out so easily you should never turn the motor over with the heads off unless a full rebuild is needed.

Cheers Thierry