Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If the cruise control indicator light and the malfunction indicator lamp (check engine light) flash simultaneously, what should I do?

These two indicate that you have a Fault Code to be read from the car's on board computer. There is a connector below the steering wheel that you connect to a code reader. The code reader will tell you what's wrong via a series of numbers. Once you have these numbers you will get an idea of what to do.

Locally, auto parts stores routinely check for free but I'm unfamiliar with Macedonia.

I think you can clear the code by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, press on the brake pedal then reconnect the battery but that may screw up radio presets and alarm systems. You may get lucky and the code won't come back but it is better to know what the problem is.

Best to read the code and find out what's wrong.

Thank you for your answer. I solved the problem as your instructions.

I would ask you something else now. I can't lock and unlock the car from outside without key. I have replaced the battery in the key with a new one. What shold I do?

Best regards,

Boban Turkovic

Thank you for your answer. I solved the problem as your instructions.

Did you get the code read? What was the code?

I would ask you something else now. I can't lock and unlock the car from outside without key. I have replaced the battery in the key with a new one. What shold I do?

Did this start after you disconnected the battery?

What is the year and model of your Subaru?

Edited by brus brother