Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Solid Axle Legacy

True2Blue

i had plands for the lift to go on a leather seated all auto outback (for the wife) i didnt think anyone would buy the kit..

why take off a 3" lift kit with a d/r in it?

it wont stay in reverst it pops out CONSTANTLY and violently the flywheel needs to be machine right the tranny needs to be resealed the wheel bearing sound a little dry the tranny hops around it needs more mounts.. the wagon is awesome it really is i just wanna make my own outta it im not destroying anything that to me was offensive. im putting straight axles under it whats the problem?

i dont get some of the feedback ill remove the post cause i dont want to post up an idea/project in the works and have it ragged on its a real downer..

PLEASE DELETE POST

don't worry about the negative feedback. this will be a good build to document...

It's your car, do what you want with it... doesn't matter what others or previous owner think about it...

I would say your build estimates are right in line for having the fabrication done by a builder... and you'll end up with way better abilities without all the damage :lol: and it'll still be your soob....

this was my "final" parts list... and it was over $6k... no steel or shop labor is included...

I didn't track my time on the build, and my buddy didn't track lots of his time when I was helping him...

I would expect north of 140 hours of Fab design, build, test fitting, etc....

build-parts.jpg

i would build it but that requires tools which i have to buy and time which i dont have im in kuwait there isnt much i can do

please dont be an rump roast online man i dont care if you dont buy my tires for $300 im a contractor overseas.. nuff said there... it was helping you not me ill keep everything and lift a nicer legacy.

lets not fight on the internet please i feel retarded.

anyways the build is happening now and im waiting on the bell housing........

The OP has a right to do what ever he wants to do with his car. All of you that think its a shame, get over it. When I sold my first lifted hatch to a local he drove the snot out of it, then decided to go straight axle. I didnt *************** about it, it wasnt my car anymore.

The job never got finished, he tried selling it but no one would buy it.

It ended up going to the scrapper. Now THAT was a shame, but I still didnt *************** (too much).

Around here the members prefer to see the actual build going on, then pics and info when its complete. Everything leading up to that is just talk.

So I'm going to lock this thread.

When Kody gets back and picks up his new ride, he can let us know by posting pics of the car (dont forget parts list).