Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I've seen all the different kinds of Three Bond that Subaru recommends for various assemblies in the car, I've noted 1215,1217,1280,1102,1141(which doesn 't seem to exist), 1324 and that might be all of them? I know its sort of way too expensive for a home project (although if the results are better who knows). Does anyone have any extensive knowledge or experience with Three Bond?

Loctite 518, or Permatex Anearobic.

Don't waste your time trying to source the Three-Bond. It's nothing special. It's basically an RTV product. Most of us that know and do this all the time have moved to the anearobic flange sealant products as they are superior and have better curing properties/shelf life and are easier to work with and clean off durring dissasembly.

I used to work for a susidiary of Kobe steel and we used a lot of Three-Bond on various stuff. There are cases where certain formulations of Three-Bond are better because they will not clog tiny oil passages in gear train lubricators, etc as we noted can happen with ultra-gret/ultra black/Loctite RTV..... but on the whole the 518 type products do this better as they do not cure in the presence of oxygen so will not clog things either.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder