Ultimate Subaru Message Board

83 subaru gl help

my friend has an 83 subaru gl 5 speed fwd and and the carb is bad so the mechanic took it apart and now he cant find the carb kit at any auto parts store. i took it to a carb expert his name is Roberto Martinez very well known in the valley of texas, he told me this is one of the rare carbs that are out there but he has friends up in cali and new york so he is going to check it out. So any way the carb that is has is a carter carb and the carb number is 7569s on it i looked up the number and have found nothing. The carb is a one barrel carb. is there any suggestions out terer any advise has anyone else encountered this problem? PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME!!! :banghead:

The carb is a one barrel carb. is there any suggestions out terer any advise has anyone else encountered this problem?

The best solution is to replace that carb with a Weber Redline 32/36 DGV series carb. Weber sells a conversion kit or you can get a used carb and order the manifold adapter separately. Expect to pay $200-$350 depending on whether you go used or not. There is a lot of information on that swap in various threads and the repair manual. It's worth the money to do the swap, but if it's not an option chime back.

You need a ROYZE CA-2K

1990 W. Corporate Way, Anaheim, CA 92801 * 800-421-2011 * 714-533-1823

sales@royze.com - royze@royze.com

Dealer should have what you need individually too.

Complete used carbs,$50 at http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

Get the right year.IIRC there are 2 versions 82-84.

Nothing wrong w/the carter/weber 1bbls.

Edited by naru

thank you everyone for that info. i was able to find an intake manifold for a hitachi and the carb together for 90 bucks but one of my mechanic friends has a toyota carb that might be able to fit it. If he decides to put that one on we will find out how that will work. :)