Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'97 Outback 2.5L

I have done several searched but still have questions.

CEL came on and read this code. Car began running a little rough just before. Car will start and idle OK but upon acceleration it almost feels like the driveshaft bearing is shot. Anywhere from 20mph up it stumbles alot. Stop at stop sign and car seems fine. Haven't crawled under car yet to check other components.

Last night I checked all lines going to EGR. Everything connected and seemed crack free. Took off EGR and sprayed with some MAF cleaner and reinstalled. Also sprayed out the BPT. While the car was running I disconnected line to EGR and applied vacuum and EGR moved and car began to idle rough.

What do I do next?

Also, where can I get the little inline filters for the system?

From a diff site:

>> Find the EGR valve (drivers side of the engine, on the back of the intake manifold, near the top) and the BPT is just in front of the EGR valve. The EGR valve also has a metal tube that disappears down the back of the engine to the exhaust port on the #4 cylinder.

Start replacing all the rubber hoses associated with those 2 main parts...>

Have you already done this?

From a diff site:

>> Find the EGR valve (drivers side of the engine, on the back of the intake manifold, near the top) and the BPT is just in front of the EGR valve. The EGR valve also has a metal tube that disappears down the back of the engine to the exhaust port on the #4 cylinder.

Start replacing all the rubber hoses associated with those 2 main parts...>

Have you already done this?

No. Inspected and all seem fine.