Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Diagnostic plugs turning my radiator fan on.

1990 subaru legacy "L" - 2.2 Ltr. multipoint fuel injection- manual transmission.

Ok so im having a few issues with my subaru currently so I thought I would plug the two green wires under the dash in hopes I would get some sort of code from my Check engine light.

Instead my check engine light dimmed, and my radiator fans would turn on and off every second. I counted 30 times that it turned on and off. During this time there were no changes in Dynamics or Temp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It's normal for the radiator fans to cycle with the d-check connectors (green) plugged together. That just indicates you are in d-check mode. You have to use the white (or black) connectors to read stored codes. You have it in test mode - that is a different procedure designed to uncover faults that are not found in the normal test routines the ECU goes through.

GD

It's normal for the radiator fans to cycle with the d-check connectors (green) plugged together. That just indicates you are in d-check mode. You have to use the white (or black) connectors to read stored codes. You have it in test mode - that is a different procedure designed to uncover faults that are not found in the normal test routines the ECU goes through.

GD

You know too much of these things... why? :headbang:

But seriously you seem to really know alot about subarus... do you work for a dealership or something?

thank you.