Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, I got a "NEW" legacy... a little help on this one

I used to own a 93 lego wagon and loved it. I had it a while and then the trans went out. I attempted to swap in a 5 speed as opposed to auto... I ran out of time/patience and parted out the car. Long story short, I was unwilling to get rid of the hood and bumper because they were from a SS and I wanted another legacy wagon... I was also conveniently left with front fenders, headlights and grille. The lego I bought had a smashed pass fender. The question here is, what do I need to make this front end fit the 1990 I just bought? The bumper support doesn't fit the foam insert/bumper, and it looks like the headlights won't line up either. should I just swap the fenders and markers and just move on? I REALLY want my SS front end on it.

old one

GEDC0905.jpg

new one

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

The whole front of the car is physically shorter on pre-facelift 1st gen's. I'm not going to say it can't be done.... but it's a real pain in the rump roast to do it. People have tried and come to the conclusion that it's not worth it. Trade someone for a '91 SS front end that will work on your car. Someone else will want that ugly '92+ post-facelift SS front end :rolleyes:.

Personally I find the '90/'91 front end to be much better looking than the '92+ front end. It has more character. I say cut in a hood-scoop in your existing '90 hood and call it a day. Get an SS grill of course....

GD

i saw a post face lift done on a 91 over on bbs it was a 91 rear with 92+front.

I myself prefer the 92+ front and rear, its smoother not as squarish in the back for sure...But, the 91 has heritage of World Speed Record, and it has VLSD. Good things on both. As for interiors, i like the black interior 93+ vs 92- gray with suede. to each his own. Werent the 91 the fastest on the turbo models ecu rev limits?

Pretty sure it is the exact same from 91-94. You know what the perfect mix IMO would have been 91 lsd, front end and either or rear end without chrome, 93+ interior, 94 5 spoke wheels.

Still loved my 94 SS(RIP) just the way it was!

03182009493.jpg

Edited by ericem