Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need to adjust the headlight aim on my 98 OBW. The light beam points too low onto the roadway. I opened the hood and saw the aiming screws, but couldn't figure out what to do with them. Each aiming screw was threaded with a section of nylon sleeve screwed onto the end. Twisting the nylon sleeve did nothing, but rotate the sleeve. The threaded screw did nothing.

I did a "search" looking for past info written on this subject, but could find nothing. Any advise on how to do the adjustment would be greatly appreciated.

the few times i've looked into the things never work right. if there's rust/corrosion the aiming screws have been all but pointless on the ones i've seen or stuff starts breaking/cracking. it's a rather weak set up for longevity from what i've seen so far. sorry i can't help more than that but maybe soak them in some penetrant to help free or lubricate them before getting in there.

the few times i've looked into the things never work right. if there's rust/corrosion the aiming screws have been all but pointless on the ones i've seen or stuff starts breaking/cracking. it's a rather weak set up for longevity from what i've seen so far. sorry i can't help more than that but maybe soak them in some penetrant to help free or lubricate them before getting in there.

Good thought about lubing them with PB Blaster or equiv. It also looked like the end of the threaded aiming screw is slotted, as if a straight edge screwdriver is meant to turn the screw. However, it is a tight area, where the battery would need to be removed to access the screw slot. Any other thoughts out there??