Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX stuff to EA82 Sedan

92_rugby_subie

I have spoken to several people about my plans for my 1986 Subaru GL Sedan. Using "UltimateRX" as the model/platform.

Motor:

FrankenMotor (EJ25 Shortblock, EJ22 Heads, Torque Cams etc)

Color:

Subaru Rally blue

Drivetrain: EJ AWD swap

Body:

MR2 Spoiler

WRX Wheels (after 5 lug swap)

RX stuff (see below)

Interior:

XT6 front seats

My question:

Can I use the RX front/rear bumpers? I obviously cant use the side skirts (just thought of that now since UltimateRX is a 3 door, mines a sedan)

Can I use the RX hood?

You can use almost everything off of an RX on your sedan the hood/fenders will fit they are a little different at the back due to the windshield but no one will ever notice and they fit fine.

The body kit will work because the EA82 line up uses the same tub (floor pan) in all the cars (wagons,sedans,coupes,) all use the same design i do believe there is a little trimming to be done on the body kit when putting it on a wagon might be true for the sedan as well but it has been done and it works just look at suberdaves wagon.

The bumpers will work IIRC the rear one wont work on a wagon because of the mounts being different but coupe and sedan are the same.

The coupe bumper does not have the licence plate area that the sedan has. sedans plates are on the bumper in the rear coupes is on the body above the bumper.

Hope this helps Cheers R.

Does a board member own UltimateRX now?

I saw it on Craigslist but I cant find more pics of it, Id like to see the rear pics, engine, interior stuff like that.

Thanks for the information Rob, Im excited, gonna have to find me an RX donor car someday, obviously this swap wont be cheap, so its a bit off, I just wanna make sure that I can make it happen with the little experience I have in bodywork lol.

I'm still in touch with the current owner of at as he came by with a friend to get an alignment on his friend's car. He should be bringing it to me shortly to do some work on it for him, including replacing the rear gold hatch badge that some *&%@* stole off of it:mad:

I have a 87 RX coupe I'll be putting up for sale pretty soon if you have any interest. It is a parts car. And pretty rough inside. It has no running gears in it. But a lot of good stuff still there. couple of ea82 turbo blocks and heads, ea82 spi heads, mpi intakes x2, and more. Body kit is intact.