Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Save my Daughters Suby from crooks

OK so as other fathers can attest to, it is hard not to want to protect your children, even when there adults, married and live in a different state. Of course when she was living here, daddy's garage was the place she brought her 96 lego wagon to get fixed and what have you (she would help work on it too.) But now she is moved away and from what I can't tell from her description (as vague as that is) is maybe one of her front wheel bearings is going out.

Well me not being the trusting sort and not wanting just any shop working on her car I am need of your alls help.

So does any one of you personally live near or maybe know of a good import shop that is located in or around Almagordo New Mexico. She is stationed there at Holleman AFB with her husband.

Thanks a million guys. Just Pm me or give a shout out here on the forum, Thanks

Take the car to the on-post auto craft shop. Staff there can determine what is wrong and give advice how to repair whatever is wrong.

Good advise, brings back memories of 40 years ago when I was in the Air Force at Goodfellow AFB, in San Angelo TX. Even back then there was a base "auto hobby shop," as it was called back then. Plenty of good people available there with good automotive knowledge, and sage auto advise to help your daughter. The shop was well outfitted with a lift, and plenty of tools available on a loan basis. I gotta think that 40+ years makes these base shops a whole lot better. Maybe your daughter can find someone there who knows Subies to work on her car on the cheap.