Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I currently have my 97 Jeep Cherokee listed for sale on Craigslist for a day and was planning on buying a friends legacy once it was finished (hopefully timing it so when i sell,the legacy was ready)

Well,after reading 5 out of the 6 emails about my Jeep..i read one from someone asking if i'd be willing to trade for a Subaru Impreza..they didn't say what year and no pic but i sent reply asking for year and pic cause that's a trade i'd definatly be interested in doing (depending on condition,though the Jeep isn't in perfect condition) i also had two people ask if i would trade for a sled but need a replacement vehicle instead of recreational one..

Question is..

There isn't anything different that i should look out for with Imprezas that wouldn't be looked out for with legacys ? i would assume it would just depends on the year it is..

Nothing different. It's practically the same car, just with different body panels. They don't call these cars Legos for no reason.:rolleyes:

ok,that's what i thought..

now i just gotta wait for the guy to get back to me about year,pics,etc..

it'd be sweet finally getting back into a subaru..

:banana:

Jeeps are to expensive..

Check for rust in the rear strut towers, reach up in the wheel well and feel the vertical flat surface on the outer side of the strut tower. Lots and lots of them are crumbling, and that lets the salt water in to destroy the quarter panels and frame channels back there.

what to look for is if the engine is a 1.8 or 2.2 Usually the 2.2 is in the 'outback sport' package from 96 on. Also, anything older than 96 may be FWD. Although not horrible for someone desiring a 30mpg subaru.

Other than that, its still a subaru, and mechanically identical to the legacy as far as the underpinnings