Ultimate Subaru Message Board

02-07 imp lifts?

ezapar

Imagine that, I don't know the answer to this one.

Wanna spice up my wife's lame 04 OBS imp. Wanna put bigger tires and get it lifted just a little. What's the compatable strut spring combo? Any one know?

Aimin' for something like this.

pICSQ189.jpg

mine is about that big.i used 07 forester struts.i lowered the engine crossmember with the stock outback blocks, but probably did nto need to.

i kept the forester struttop in the rear.you could do either really.i just had a hobbit handfile the holes for me.it was kinda expensive in beer, but whatever.:)

the rear is kinda lacking for me , but i am pretty sure some saggy rump roast spacers would take care of it...

cheers, b

So the struts are tall enough to take the bigger tires with only a spacer for a lift? I saw Jackson Rally's spacer lift kit, but wanted to go more like what Brain was talking about with the Forester struts. I'd assume that the forester struts would have more travel. . . Like I'd need it for that car.

06 Impreza wagon:

05 Forester springs and struts

Subtle Solutions 1" spacers

no sway bars

OBX adjustable trailing arms

Team Dynamics 15x7 +48

BFG Mud Terrains 215/75/15

no sub frame spacers and no CV issuses in 2 years

monster018.jpg

monster011.jpg

monster008.jpg

monster012.jpg

offroading032.jpg

offroading053.jpg

offroading022.jpg

offroading023.jpg

offroading024.jpg

Thanks very much for speaking up, that's what I was after. Any issues with swapping the struts, ie: tops needing to be interchanged or anything?

06 Impreza wagon:

05 Forester springs and struts

Subtle Solutions 1" spacers

no sway bars

OBX adjustable trailing arms

Team Dynamics 15x7 +48

BFG Mud Terrains 215/75/15

no sub frame spacers and no CV issuses in 2 years

top hats slid right in. I also have a friend that has figured how to get more lift from the bottom of the strut, I will post a write up when that happens. Don'thold your breath on that though, we are both really busy so time to get together is minimal.

Appreciated. I'm not looking to make it huge or really high off the ground, just wanted to fit a bit bigger tires and have it sit a bit higher. I'm all sorts of happy to know I can just swap in Forester struts, like I figured, and get what I'm after.

Oooh, oooh. And where'd you get hte adjustable trailing arms? :)

Much thanks.