Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie Newbie- 93 Loyale

Hello all,

Can't wait to share my loyale overhauling with you all. she's a 93 with only 107k miles on her. currently not running (fuel pump is on the way) but will hopefully be on the road very soon. After getting her on the road she will then be blacked out. cant wait to get started.

Thanks for having me aboard

Make sure it does not have a broken timing belt. The distributor makes the fuel pump come on, and the disty is driven by the timing belt. You can verify this by removing the cap, and watch to see if the rotor is turning when cranking. If not, make sure the set screw on the rotor did not fall out, otherwise, return the fuel pump for a timing belt set.

You can cycle the fuel pump to see if it works by plugging in the green connectors under the dash. The fuel pump relay is located directly above the steering column, the brown square one.

I took the pump off and hooked some power to it and found that it wouldnt turn over at all. and there was no way i was going to spend 200$ for a new one so i bought a 80's Loyale pump instead hoping it works.

You can try to stick them back on with double side tape or 3m super wetherstrip adhesive.

1985-86 models has them glued on, and 87 up went to clips. So if you remove it, you have the little holes, where an 86 door would be clean.

i inherited it. interior is like mint and there is one little rust hole that needs to be fixed before i paint it. Anyone know where i can get the clips for the side molding?

if you go the glue route, what works awesome is 3m weatherstrip adhesive, its in a black/red tube, looks like black silicone only stickier.. 2 lines of that at top and bottom edge of molding then pres it on, will dry overnight, will never come off again.. make sure both surfaces are clean of course..

can find it at a parts store.. prolly like $8 a tube, 1 tube will do the whole car..

hope that helps

you can fill the clip holes with it to to seal them