Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a question for a select few; Is it possible to fit 3 car seats, be it a baby seat, and two toddler car seats, in the back of a 2007 Subaru Outback. We have a third baby coming this fall, and really do not want to give up the AWD of a Subaru for a minivan- not trying to slight minivans. Has anyone had success with fitting 3 car seats? If so, what brand of car seat, and what type of arrangement was used? Any and all information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance......hopefully:)

My sister has a 2010 Outback and a third kid on the way. She said it isn't wide enough to fit three car seats (4 year old, 2 year old and newborn), so they ended up adding a Tahoe. I imagine a 2007 will have the same problem but worse.

I can tell you about my 2002 Forester, but I don't know how it compares to an Outback.

I have three seats in the back of the Forester:

- 2 child seats; and

- 1 booster seat.

The three seats side-by-side completely fill the width of the car, from door to door.

The booster-seat is in the middle, and that child gets in first; we have to separate the other 2 empty child-seats a bit, in order to get the middle belt fastened.

Then the other 2 children get buckled-in.

It's a bit of a hassle, but it works.

We are grandparents, so we don't have to do this on a daily basis.

The biggest problem is having the 3 kids sitting within punching distance of each other!